Is it Time to Take Down the Tree…For Good?
Trees are one of nature’s greatest assets. They provide us with so many resources, like wood, paper, even maple syrup! Sometimes, however, there are valid reasons to remove a tree from a piece of land. How do you know when it is time to call a Long Island Tree Service? Read on to find out!
The Tree is Dead or Dying
This is probably the most obvious reason to remove a tree from your property. It is strongly advisable to remove a tree as soon as you notice that it is dying. If you wait too long, decay may have set in too much. This will make it dangerous for our tree professionals to remove it, and will cause a great safety concern to your family. A dying tree also spells danger for your property. No one wants a tree falling onto their house, or fence. During dangerous storms, it is pretty easy for strong winds to knock over a tree that has seriously decayed.
How to Tell a Tree is Ready for Removal?
Not everyone can tell at first glance that a tree is sick or dying. Here are some sure signs that a tree is not in good shape:
- The branches are bending backward.
- There are large or dead branches are falling from the tree.
- There is noticeable decay on the main trunk.
- Major storm damage has occurred and the tree is beyond repair.
- There are noticeable cracks on the main trunk.
- Visible insect infestations. There will likely kill the tree soon, or spread disease to other trees on your land.
Sometimes it is best to remove a tree even if it is not suffering from natural causes. You may want to consider tree removal if any one of these apply to you:
- The tree is too close to the house or other buildings, utility lines, play structures pools, causing safety concerns.
- The tree is leaning towards the house or any other structure.
- The tree has become an annoyance. It has been dropping seeds, sap, or branches. The tree blocks views and natural light.
- The tree is just too big for your property. It poses safety if issues if it were to fall or drop branches.
- You are doing outdoor construction. The tree will either be mortally damaged by equipment and disturbance to the ground under it, or it is directly in the way of the construction. Consider tree removal before the construction begins.
- Crowding. If your yard is overrun with trees, you may want to remove some of them. Decide which trees are worth keeping by assessing their health.
How Can I Tell if the Tree is Worth Keeping?
You will want to bring in a professional to assess this for you. Call woodbury tree service and we can help you determine. There are many ways to determine a tree’s health. There are also various environmental conditions and pests that advance decay or breakage. If you want to avoid removing your trees, you may want to consider some routine maintenance. This would include pruning away damaged areas to keep the trees lightweight and healthy. Keep a close eye on your trees, and regularly check for signs of damage or decay. As your trees age, decay is natural. But keeping up with them on a regular basis will allow them to stick around for years to come.
Can I Remove a Tree Myself?
This is not recommended for non-professionals. Consult Huntington Tree Removal to discuss the state of your trees. Attempting to remove a tree without the help of a professional can open the doors to many accidents. Each tree is different, and could have various things wrong with it. There is specific equipment required for the safe removal of trees that should only be handled by the experts.
If you have questions about whether or not it is time to get rid of some trees, call tree removal long island to discuss your options. We will be happy to have one of our experts provide a free consultation of your property.